SUMMER!!
Summer is here! It is a relief to have some time off. I do have to work a little now and then, but for the most part I get to spend June and July with Krew and Keera....and Kerry when he is not working.
VACATION
We just returned from our summer vacation. We drove to North Carolina with my cousin Mark and his girlfriend Kim. We all piled into the pickup with the camper on the back. For those of you familiar with our last camper...."hillbilly"....we have updated. Or I should say Kerry's mom and dad have updated and let the family use it. We call this one "Beverly" because she is much more like the Beverly Hillbillies!
Anyway, vacation was great. We went to Cape Hatteras. It is a great place and the beach is beautiful. Krew and Keera had a great time. Krew loved the "big water" and wanted to play in it all the time. Keera was big on the sand. She liked to dig in it, throw it, roll in it, etc.... She wasn't too sure about the water though. She thought it was pretty scary unless someone was holding her.
We went to Ocracoke Island and saw where Blackbeard was captured. It was a lot of fun getting to the Island as we had to take a ferry. Krew sure thought it was cool that we could drive the truck onto the boat and then go across the water. (I thought so too!) We also took a day and went to Kill Devil Hills which is where the Wright Brothers tested and flew their frist glider and plane. It was impressive and we all learned a lot. Except the kids who napped through it all.
HOME AGAIN
We are home again and enjoying it. Kerry is getting the pool ready for us to swim in it. He has spent hours cleaning it out and finally had to drain. He is refilling it right now and we should be able to swim next week! I am excited, but Krew and Keera are not too impressed with their sandbox or swimming pool after the beach! Krew wants to go back now. (I think he forgot that it takes at least 2 days to drive there!)
EVENTFUL DAY
Today was quite the day. We went to a wedding (A.J. Kuhn and Beth Newton). The kids were great and we were planning on going to the reception. That is until Krew hurt his arm. He was holding both of Kerry’s hands and he let go of one of them, then swung back. He was in a lot of pain. I was very worried, but Kerry’s sister reassured us that it was probably just his elbow. Her son Justin had his elbow slide out of place 3 times when he was little! We took him into the ER and that is exactlly what it was. The doctor slid it back in and then took some x-rays just to be sure there was nothing else. Amazing. In about 30 seconds Krew went from hurt to running around at full speed again. I had never actually heard of it, but it is called “nursemaid elbow.” We are glad he is ok. I think he and Keera would very much like to go back to the doctor soon. Krew told us the doctor fixed his arm and then he got to have pictures taken. He also got a new stuffed dog and 8 new stickers that he and Keera can share.
I WILL POST AGAIN SOON, AND INCLUDE PICS!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment